[Fixed] VPaint crash when i use paint tool

Improve VPaint or VGC software by giving your feedback, reporting bugs, or suggesting new features.
jumu

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:43 pm

In this file (in the attachment) my Windows version of VPaint crash always when i try to use paint tool (when i move my paint tool over the shape - vpaint crash)
Attachments
vpaint_crash_when_user_try_to_use_paint_tool.zip
VPaint crash bug
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 490 times

jumu

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 pm

PS. This is very useful tool - and I would love to see this full featured by competing with Illustrator and Inkscape ;)
Make it full featured and i will buy final product.

lablanu

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:59 pm

It seems the crash was caused by an edge with two vertices that are in the same place.
It seemed to interfere with face-detection.
A way around it is to open up the file in a text editor and delete any edges that have all the vertices in the same place.
Edges are the stuff in curly brackets that start with "Type : ".
There was also an edge that had only one vertex, but that one didn't cause any problems(other than taking up space).
I have attached the fixed file.
Attachments
crashfix.zip
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

Boris
Site Admin

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Thank you so much for the report and careful analysis, it is very appreciated, especially the submitted file. I did notice a few crash when painting, but didn't have time to investigate yet. The crashing file and your report will be very helpful to fix this one.

Boris
Site Admin

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:07 am

Hi all,

Thanks again for the report and analysis. This issue (and hopefully all related issues) is now fixed, and the fix will be part of VPaint 1.0 Beta 4 (that I should release in a few weeks). Cheers!

lablanu

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Boris wrote:(that I should release in a few weeks)
I can't wait, could you upload a preliminary version for overly-enthusiastic fans?

Boris
Site Admin

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Alright, I'll see what I can do for my fans ;-)

Boris
Site Admin

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:26 am

Alright, so here is the current version, in preview, dedicated to lablanu ;-) It's an unofficial version just for the very few who follow this forum. Note: you have to uninstall any previous version before installing this new one.

http://vpaint.org/binaries/VPaint%201.0 ... 0Setup.msi

What's new:
* Fixed various bugs (should be much more stable)
* Prettier outline mode (removed illustration+outline display mode as it caused some troubles for the development which I deemed was not worth it for now)

I still have a few things to fix before Beta 4, but most importantly I have to do some development to handle the mailing list (send an automatic message for those who subscribed to the beta, and make a system to manage the subscription).

Cheers!

borhani59

Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:25 pm

in previous version, after crash we had a recovery on restart vpaint.
but in current version (1.0 beta 4) crashes are fewer but without recovery.
only for report .thanks Boris *