Building for android devices

Improve VPaint or VGC software by giving your feedback, reporting bugs, or suggesting new features.
amirjabri

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Dear Boris, I just wanted to start this thread just to see if you or one of the other users might have information on compiling your application using QT creator for android devices? I would really like to be able to create fun animations on my android tablet and phone if possible because I would love to do that while sitting on the bus for instance on the way to work.

Boris
Site Admin

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Amir,

This would be amazing! I personally have zero experience in mobile dev, reason why I didn't do it. Another reason is that I think in the mobile world, only OpenGL ES is supported, and for various legacy reasons, I am using deprecated OpenGL functions which are not available on OpenGL ES, so it might not be easy to get it work.

So I feel a version for Android is probably not going to be available "soon". But I have plans to migrate to modern OpenGL anyway to improve performance, so when this is done, maybe porting to Android will be possible. I will probably not do that in a year or so, unfortunately.