Questions about future versions of vpaint

Improve VPaint or VGC software by giving your feedback, reporting bugs, or suggesting new features.
爪哇程序猿

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Vpaint the feeling of painting is very good (of course, this in the category of vector very good), and complex vector graphics, also supports the change of key frame, but I want to ask is, his fill color in future versions are lines with the same support between the key frames change. I currently trying to do animation with vpaint. Perhaps the software developer (the great) should be to see another powerful open source animation software: synfig studio, as well as its code will have more inspiration, thank you for everything you've done! :mrgreen:

Boris
Site Admin

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Hello 爪哇程序猿,

Thank you for your message!

Yes, many improvements are planned for VPaint, including animation of the fill color, if I understand your question correctly. But you will have to be patient, because development takes time ;)

I am also looking at other software for inspirarion, including Synfig.

Have a great day!
Boris

爪哇程序猿

Mon May 02, 2016 3:26 am

Hi, Mr Boris, thank you for your reply, for your masterpiece, I am surprised, I understand what you say, I do think if your next plans to have good ideas and good program, you won't so hard to do it, open source work is easy, don't have to have to implement some functions and racking their brains, but because it is free, so play the potential of infinite! I, as the user's point of view, if I am going to make 2 d animation, I will surely choose vpaint, drawing, synfig using bezier curve drawing is extremely inconvenient, but the colour of his drawing is great, here's what I use synfig keyframe animation, show his colour effect, he has a curve gradient :D
Synfig Animation 1.GIF
Synfig Animation 1.GIF (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5116 times

Boris
Site Admin

Tue May 03, 2016 5:07 am

Thank you for your post! Yes, I hope that one day, VPaint will be able to create the example animations that you posted :)

爪哇程序猿

Tue May 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi, Mr Boris,Through some posts, including see you and they talk about the topic of integrating vpaint into opentoonz, everyone has a strange idea, it is hoped to various software unity of style, I support your idea, that is by the author according to the development of his thoughts it in the future, only in this way, these personalized software can play to the extreme, of course, other software such as toonz and synfig is only a reference, open source, there is always a warm-hearted developers will satisfy them. :D

Boris
Site Admin

Tue May 03, 2016 3:25 pm

I think it is a important to seek a good balance between originality (it is useless to create software that already exists) and familiarity (whenever it makes sense, new software should try to behave in a way that users expect from their use of existing software). Sometimes, it is hard to find this balance, but I will try my best, and the key is indeed to keep looking at existing software for inspiration.

爪哇程序猿

Wed May 04, 2016 5:26 pm

vpaint.gif
vpaint.gif (1.57 MiB) Viewed 5070 times
:D Open source is a great behavior, I see you there are many exciting plans for vpaint, because open source, there are still a lot of software can give you enlightenment, gimp core (gegl), image processing can be reference for visual effects library based on key frames, these do video or animation software really many, natron, opentoonz, synfig, their source code. Will have a big impact for vpaint future, 2 d animation is the most perfect smooth linear movement and illustration of the quality of the picture, this is the reason why I watch the vpaint and synfig, can handle complex variable vector line in key frames, vpaint painting faster, synfig more powerful in the transition of color and rich color. But I support you to use technology to him extreme direction, ha ha!
:D

Boris
Site Admin

Wed May 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Nice little animation :-D

Unfortunately, it is not as easy as it may seem to integrate source code from other open-source applications. There are legal issues to start with: for instance, Synfig uses the GPL license, while VPaint uses the MIT license, so VPaint cannot use source code from Synfig. And also, there are significant technical issues: for instance, the data structures used in VPaint is very different from the data structure used in other applications, therefore I cannot just copy-paste the code.

Therefore, at the end of the day, the fact that these packages are open-source do not really help to integrate their features inside VPaint. Having or not their source code available does not really change the time it would take to implement the feature in VPaint. Though, what open-source allows, is that anyone with the right skills can help contribute to VPaint. :-)

Anyway, thank you for your support! Only time will tell what VPaint becomes. ;-)

爪哇程序猿

Sun May 08, 2016 3:52 am

Triangle mesh deformation function and quadrilateral mesh deformation function, and hope that these digital technology will appear in the vpaint
Last edited by 爪哇程序猿 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boris
Site Admin

Sun May 08, 2016 6:10 am

Hi! Which application is this from? Yes, another great feature :)