Questions about future versions of vpaint

Improve VPaint or VGC software by giving your feedback, reporting bugs, or suggesting new features.
爪哇程序猿

Sun May 29, 2016 3:29 am

Hi! Mr. Boris! The first question: Yes, I would like to know in the current vpaint can not directly draw the color region. The second proposal: the answer you are looking for is what I want to say,yes, cacani by the use of technology is DBBS(Disk and Ball B-Spline) curve surface (NURBS curves and surfaces). You can also with you (or code) to achieve this, of course, the premise is you have enough time and relaxed and happy mood. :)

爪哇程序猿

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:20 am

Experience feelings, cacani in dealing with complex line of motion and change. In this regard not vpaint is simple and intuitionistic. Vpaint can handle complex lines of motion changes, of course, vpaint also need a beautiful, and extremely easy to work with a graphical user interface.
Last edited by 爪哇程序猿 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

爪哇程序猿

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:45 pm

http://www.dalboris.com/research/vgc I seem to have found something interesting, but it's sad that! I am not a programmer, Mr. Boris, I hope you happy in working at Pixar, but I am also very worried such a good software, because programmers lack makes its development is stagnant, put off for a long time! This is I do not want to see. :cry:

Boris
Site Admin

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:49 am

Hi 爪哇程序猿,

I am sorry, I have missed all these posts. The link above is my research from which VPaint is based of, it's me on the picture ;) Do not worry, I do not intend to let VPaint die. :)

Boris
Site Admin

Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:40 am

Yes, VPaint 1.7 will be late as usual, but hopefully you will like it :)

RitaGeraghty

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:18 pm

爪哇程序猿,
:shock: How did you distort text in Synfig? I am truly impressed.

I tried Curve Warp Layer to distort my text, but I tried.
I am curious how you warped your text. What tools did you use? And what settings in the panel prooerties?

Thanks in advance.

爪哇程序猿

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:17 pm

I've always loved and look forward to the development of this software the follow-up, I see good things need time to improve. I think vpaint current lack of an important feature, that is to Implement "inbetween selection" for faces. I saw this intention on circuit diagram, although I am not a programmer, but I can feel the implementation of this feature more trouble than edges and vertices. A picture is worth thousand words A!Each object in the process of time can be converted into two, or more than two. :) I seem to understand why do you want to refactor, Mr Boris! :D
1.png
1.png (18.34 KiB) Viewed 2874 times

Boris
Site Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Yes, inbetweening faces is indeed quite complicated :-) In fact, it is very definitely an unsolved research problem yet. But progress will be made :D

爪哇程序猿

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:32 am

Wait until vpaint1.7 after the release, I will try to faces the inbetween selection, inspired by your demo video, by that time, he can make the head rotation of fill color animation, animation I like realism, I think you can to vpaint1.7 along with the completed half of the refactoring version of (vpaint1.10), released together, your circuit diagram plan remains the same. But the premise is you now is still in development. If you have to leave for the project, anyway, I have been looking forward to, because vpaint using technology is likely to be the future standard on the 2 d animation. :D
1.png
1.png (14.92 KiB) Viewed 2860 times

Boris
Site Admin

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Yes, the example you provide is very complicated to inbetween. In this case, VPaint will always need at least one breakdown (intermediate frame between the two), and even with the breakdown it will take at least two/three years before Paint can handle this ;-)