help me

Have an issue with VPaint or VGC software? Ask your question here.
sho9001

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:32 pm

hi
I am a South Korean.
Using a translator because I do not know English

view > advanced > advance cycle editor
> advanced settings > reverse cut, mobius cut

I don't know how. :sob:
Please tell me about this.
I think it would be better to speak with images.
I hope you understand.

Boris
Site Admin

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi sho9001,

Sorry for not replying earlier, I did not receive the notification :(

I just made a video to explain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMfou82FlnU
mobius.png
mobius.png (227.55 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

When you want to cut a shape like the above (I call this a Möbius strip), you have check "mobius cut" before doing the cut, otherwise you get surprising results.

Please ignore the option "reverse cut". It was used in a previous version of VPaint but has no effects now. I forgot to remove the checkbox in this version.

I hope this is helpful!

sho9001

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Thank you. :relaxed:
I understand but you leave out talking about the advance cycle editor ':(

Boris
Site Admin

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Oh, sorry, I missed this part of your message. :(

Unfortunately, the cycle editor is really not usable, I think it is best to forget that it exists. It is extremely buggy, and requires a good understanding of the data structure presented in this paper. Personally, I only use the cycle editor as a visualization tool.

At the moment, if you need to create complex inbetween faces, the only way I recommend is to understand the data-structure, and edit the *.vec file by hand, which is very technical, tedious, and time-consuming. This is how I created most of the examples in this video.

Being able to create complex inbetween faces in a more intuitive way is one of the reason why I am now rewriting VPaint from scratch, to become VGC Animation. Hopefully, in about 2 years, I should have a beta version of VGC Animation in which complex inbetween faces can be created easily. Thank you for your patience!