borhani59's sketchbook

Show your (unfinished) current work to the community to get feedback.
borhani59

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:03 pm

: >

some small studies

flower:
one joint and multi curves. over overlap. nice for move . it is a group idea!
have vpaint a group feature? multi into one for move/select/join(glue)/warp(sculpt)
flower idea is great for decorative brush, for auto snap(distance), for complex ring topology ...

calligraphy:
i am an experimental calligrapher. here is my page http://kelkkhial.ir/borhani59 with my recent works.
a modern Persian calligraphy with continuous letters idea. my past post was about arrange lines for calligraphy painting.
line and point are base of calligraphy and drawing. i love their connections. i live their games. vpaint helped me for new think about joints and modular writing ...
multi to one group.... and two points to one connection ... group by group and an universe of lines ...
between two points we can draw more than one lines ... if thay are curves!
i a little study about :
traveling salesman problem - TSP
L-system and basic fractals
basic toplogy and morphology of geometeries
nurbs and several types of vector graphic tools
you can extend your base idea very more. it needs your study and sampling and useful tools.
i like drawing a mobious or olimic rings by thay are limited. your app have a new look and new sound. pleas extend it more than to more than a little vector tool. you must work on than differents. i hope and very hope to see and use new waves of tools and graphics. i am ready in a user state. please work more than a usual research ... you need very stuff in idea and tools. we want a grat software
if i have neede infos i helped you. but now only can test an think.
calligraphy for example is unusual for vpaint but why not! ...
my recent toy is verve painter ... i cant believe but i can wrote with it better and "newer" ... this is only a example of a user but it added some thing to softwares ...
simple script and analyze !

select:
a wing3D idea for select: vertex/edge/face/all ... for type for easy work ... useful for move/glue/colorise

elastic move with few points ... fun and artist friendy ...
in this example easy but in complex and several joints is very hard
my suggestion is a warp gizmo with few points

move - group - connections ... very fun game ...
think about cut_out animation features! ... skeletons ... complex forms ... vpaint ... all features ready if...

a grid sandbox
it is a free test. we have not grid yet. i draw drag fast ... drag fast with auto-snap ... auto-graphics ... change ...
but: one of current limits: a danger window! only two ... but it may can easier ...
in 3d softwares such 3d max we can use collaps button. in animation softwares we can use a gap closer brush ... only with a button, hotkey or a drag ... if you consider a full option box we can check box some of questions to no ask later.
if it is need only point selection, may solve with a selective tool or auto second and hidden command.
whatever it is a brake. and brakes make scape! ...

that new and old question: BUG or unwanted or complex things ... VS features
i like move/sculpt after coloring ... nice for test and brainstorm ... nice for new styles of coloring

borhani59

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:02 pm

few or without DOT joints

curve by curve or may all with a brush

coloring ... auto coloring
prt scr from Vpaint and open in PS ... threshold for sharp region and play with some plugins and filters ... auto multifill by color palette and black removal and some morphologic deformations. raster tools have many ideas for vector ...

Boris
Site Admin

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi Bohrani! Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I didn't get the notifications.

Thx again for this fantastic work and experimentation! :-) I am keeping in mind all of these suggestions and use cases, they will definitely be useful to guide the features to implement for VPaint! I am currently working hard on something else, but I'll get back to VPaint as soon as possible, and when I do all your posts will be very helpful.

Cheers!

borhani59

Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:36 am

Hi Boris! : >

some idea for coloring and other
...but i have not time now,
may i add comments later for them (edit after)... but these are visual.

+ edit (comments)
sorry for late / i have now that time : >

painted with Painting Pen
http://www.smartfills.com/r.html#paintingpen
drag draw / 2 sided gradient curve / clockwise and un-clockwise
and an alternative for gradiented curves with more options and curve based vectorize
http://maverick.inria.fr/Publications/2008/OBWBTS08/
Diffusion Curves: A Vector Representation for Smooth-Shaded Images

custom palette - a corel painter filter :
it is extended of musaic filter or pixelate , average color by pixel, by simple grid and in full option with user drawn pencil brush from original image ... average closed regions by colors
alternatives:
spiralgraphics Genetica software (region node)
& an additional module for al.chemy (i dont remember close name but similar image reference color)
this technic is very fun and experimental. i simulate that in mini mode in photoshop with magic wand tool and average blur filter but custome palette can convert all area in one click
look at blue/orange tests ... very free and style friendly but have not repair or reform or change feature there
i think that those regions can make with different vectorise rules or free optimise with own artist step by step ... all features with preview are better and this feature is better and fun ... i test this in al.chemy ... when i drag a shape there, color is changing continuous and soft ... very fun but cant enhance after create...
this feature can good with or without strokes and i dont have seen this in any other where.

simplify: handy, artistic and stylish

my friend portrait photo ... it change my bad photo to nice vexel or vector artwork ...
better plugins is who that give more options but best tool is who give custom paint !

two style ...
top-left ... multi deference gradients in photo shop ... a gradient game with gradient tool in photoshop

but that other 3 steps: adobe illustrator and one object with gradient but free slice with Knife tool. more pieces and more gradients from that one based object and ... and may more edit after

gradient mesh in illustrator ... very useful but need a mesh ...
an alternative is colord point ( i think real draw have this feature)
... and more than these i think very rules are exists for manage color area of a object ... a nice puzzle with a lot ideas

some inkscape sketch pattern ... with some parameters and options

again an selective image palette drawing in al.chemy with rotate symmetry and some post effecs in photoshop
the light point is size and form of impressionistic technique. i use small and curve like forms for more color palette effect
a use repeated this words ... fun graphical puzzle ...
oh ... one similar idea ... ONULL vector generator is a java tool that convert an image to grid base colorful shapes but use multi point shape and image parameters input for a range of subforms ...
and a near idea is photo to musaic softwares ...

flame painter with non one stroke waves ... idea: one curve input and one other things shade, create or paint ...

an al.chemy fast sketch: fastest colorful way sketching ... drag shape / lasso paint / free shapes without pre and past levels ... speed is an important parameter and this should up until need others parameters ... it is simple and have a colored region and can re-edit if need with other tools ...

a quick colorful photoshop sketch with a sold brush ... in fact this sketch is very similar to a vector painter software ...
methods of paint is simillar and this is a great key ! i like translate and postproduct vector images to bitmap ones and bitmaps to vectors ... all great vector tools have some bitmap features.

auto fill with current base colors ... very fun puzzle for auto-create of abstract images and stylish finishing.
flaming pear solidify plugin - xnormal dilation plugin for photoshop ... in some example with mask area.

normal way ... ink ... coloring ... but remove black lines at last ... skeletonise (centerline) black removal by join other laps
with BPelt - flatten plugin in photoshop ( it needs aliasing ink and color for clean and full work)

(and auto colors of my before post done with Bpelt multifill plugin ... fill regions one by one with custom swatch palette one by one)

a test with color painter custom tile. this have an option for colors of strokes

wow ... some usual things ? ! ... yes ... we need usual process for enhance and for tool design
top: 3 simple style : line / L and color / C without line
down: more and paint on uderpaint ... a painting may be more complex and different in this stage
: non 3d-able sketches / stylish deco lines / colorful subforms and changes ...

standards and others
styles and others
you and others
when you make an industrial software, all of engineers must use simillar, it is true
but when you make an art tool ... it needs basic needs and variations of options ... artists are not simillar!
i suggest extend your tool-core ... for driving in each road, for new travels news, for new elegance mirrors

this is easy ... an object means a colored stroke and may a colored shape ... really only ? ... i think more
we in our mine manage these two thinks one by one but thay can have more value on canvas ... all decorative styles are examples ...
some primitive ideas ...

sorry for too indirect things. i think these may help you more than my simple VP sketches before some changes.
Last edited by borhani59 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boris
Site Admin

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:23 am

Very interesting ideas in your last posts! I do not yet understand all of them (Your future comments will help I guess!), but it is inspirational anyway, thanks!

borhani59

Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:06 pm

i love sketching !

a nice bug ! for coloring ...

two note (captured with gifcam)
group and manage ... it is a smart idea that manage very data with few custom input
and more ... it is an muscle bone controller ... it is a ready feature for 2d skeletal animation and smart cut-out !

its a nice bug too ... auto optimise long curves when drag ...
i have a suggestion base this ... i like curve lines but if add a stragh mode toggle some of problems of coloring may will solve
and another suggestion: vibrator command! for optimise location and colorable regions ...
i have some 3d experiences ... it may simillar uv pelting ... in 3dmax or uvlayout or unfold 3d...

borhani59

Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:13 pm

and latest thing that i drown with VPaint : >
zero base of my continuous Persian alphabet design ...
continuous.png
continuous.png (21.62 KiB) Viewed 8408 times

borhani59

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:31 pm

2015 !
yet vpaint : >

Boris
Site Admin

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Nice! Happy new year Borhani!

I will continue the development of VPaint shortly :-)

borhani59

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:34 pm