Onion Skinning Opacity

Improve VPaint or VGC software by giving your feedback, reporting bugs, or suggesting new features.
Fred Sprinkle

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Perhaps this has already been implemented, but it's tough to tell what frame you are on when the onion skinning opacity is at 100%. If each onion skin dropped by 30% or 50% as they go back/forward in time, it would be AMAZING!

Also we need to have Kyle Webster make some sick sketchy brushes for VPAINT: http://www.kyletwebster.com/portfolio/brushes/

Boris
Site Admin

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:35 am

Hi Fred, thx for your input!

Yes, this has been suggested here already, and is a planned feature:

https://github.com/dalboris/vpaint/issues/1

It would definitely be a useful feature!

southpawami

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Oh my gosh... this was my issue within the first minute I used VPaint.

There needs to be (1)up to 60(up to 2 secs@60fps visible at once) frames optionally accessible behind and in front, (2)colors of past and future lines need to be adjustable and default to something like red colored lines for past frames, and blue colored lines for future lines, and (3)adjustable past and future frame opacity per individual frames and optional checkbox option for absolute value frames having the same opacity ... for example -3 and 3 frames having the same opacity, -5 and 5 frames having the same opacity.

Just saying it one more time.... PLEASE add these features to VPaint... VPaint sketches TOO GOOD to not have these features...
  • (1)up to 60(up to 2 secs@60fps visible at once) frames optionally accessible behind and in front, (2)colors of past and future lines need to be adjustable and default to something like red colored lines for past frames, and blue colored lines for future lines
  • (2)colors of past and future lines need to be adjustable and default to something like red colored lines for past frames, and blue colored lines for future lines
  • (3)adjustable past and future frame opacity per individual frames and optional checkbox option for absolute value frames having the same opacity ... for example -3 and 3 frames having the same opacity, -5 and 5 frames having the same opacity
PLEASE add these features

Boris
Site Admin

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:17 am

Hi southpawami! I am so sorry for answering so late, I didn't notice your post until today.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, they are all really good! I definitely agree that onion skinning must be fully customizable for users, and everything that you suggest will be in the first version of VGC Animation !

I know that 2 years is a long time to wait, but I promise that in July 2020, you'll have all that -- and more! :)